Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Challenges are always in front of us

This past week has been a difficult one.  For a couple of reasons.  First and foremost stress.  It was one of those where I could feel my blood pressure rising.  And of course, I am, like many others a stress eater.  I think if I hadn't come as far as I have, I probably would have blown the whole week.  Made excuses and tried to get back on track this week.  Or blown 2 weeks.  Been there, done that... you know the rest.

I have to tell you.  I think hitting ONEderland last week help keep me grounded.  Not only did I not want to lose the hard work I have done.  I NEVER WANT TO SEE THE 200's AGAIN. And that kept me going.  I still jogged every day.  And for the first time in a while, there were days I didn't want to.  But I made the choice.  I was doing this.

Thankfully something else kept me going.  My cousin Val.  I could not let that woman beat me again this week in our challenge.  So on our new challenge,  Val won week 1.  I won week 2.  Onto week 3.

Carabram was this past weekend here in Brampton.  It was a let down yet again.  But of course we also ate at Carabram.  I did try to track my calories as best I could without knowing what exactly was in everything.  I had sausage, perogies, cabbage rolls and ono ono.  Oh my goodness.  Was going to have to work for all this.

Dalton and I went to the movies as well and shared a movie popcorn.  No butter.  But still.  All in all.  A lot of extra calories and things I would not normally touch.

With that said.  The scale still went down.  194.6.....another 1.8 lost!!!!  Very happy with that considering.  A couple things that are hard when eating out and you are not preparing the food.  Number 1 is the actual amount of calories you are eating.  Number 2 is how it is prepared, sodium, fat, oil, etc.  So I will happily take that 1.8 and add it to my total to make 53.4 pounds lost.  I am thrilled and never felt better.  My feet on the other hand.  lol.  I am in desperate need of a pedicure.

Till next time.  Be kind.

Cheers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, I wish you much success for a common goal, one not simple, but quite obtainable. and know that it is you that sets your goal, where other should only be there for support. Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steven. I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete