Friday, June 28, 2013

Bragging Rights!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Another good week on the scale.  Down another 2.2 pounds.  Woo Hoo!  Total of 46.2 pounds so far.  Feeling great and loving the compliments.  This is where I had difficulty the last time I was losing.  I got to 46.5 pounds lost and as they say.  Hit the wall.  That is not going to happen this time.  I am a lot more aware and thanks to my BodyMedia armband, it is keeping me motivated and on top of my weight loss.

Now for bragging rights.  If you remember, I had told you about a step challenge I was having with my cousin Val.  Well.....I am going to use Val's words.

2 months ago Tammy Harnum convinced me to get a BodyMedia armband, which I too swear by now. I now call it my 'odometer'. 6 weeks ago I challenged her to a 30,000 steps per week / 10 week challenge whereby, starting on Wednesdays the first person to hit 30,000 steps would be crowned CHAMP OF THE WEEK! and the most weekly wins would be CHAMP OF THE CHALLENGE . I now must confess and say she has won, 6 out of the last 10 weeks, but wait!! I have never laughed so much, walked so much, stomped so much, danced so much, been so aggressive and quite frankly did not realize how competitive she was!!! By the time week 6 rolled by, she was getting 30,000 steps ON THE FIRST DAY!! . Ouch!! I salute her feet and possible the podiatrist, I'm sure she needs now. I never dreamed this would so exciting fun and inspirational as during the weeks we helped keep each other motivated, that even though the steps and workouts were there the scale wasn't co-operating. I owe her a lot for the changes she has brought about in me and I feel it's time to shout WAY TO GO GIRL AND THANK YOU GIRL!!! You definitely are aggressive, competitive and without a doubt a hoot and a half. There was times I was like a hamster on a wheel, marching while talking to my family, marching while brushing my teeth and yes, when I knew I might have a chance one night I laid my head on a pillow and let my lower body keep moving because quite frankly I was dead tired at the end of the day. My family has laughed at me, my friends have wondered why I sound like I'm walking while on the phone, I've done it all, to no avail. I had no sympathy for any of her pain LOL, but I do commend her on the drive, the ambition and the down right edge she put out on me. !! Wednesday, Thursday, Friday would be WTF for me, and I would open facebook with one eye open and scream a loud DAMN as soon as I knew she got me. So, Thank you Tammy, thanks thanks thanks, this was great! I can officially say I had NO EXCUSES, but walked, danced, ran, stomped my way into some memorable weight loss moments.

Thank you Val for doing this with me.  It has been a blast and one of the reasons I have been so successful on this journey. Now we need to come up with a new challenge to help get us through the rest of the summer.  I am currently awaiting my prize for winning the challenge.  Hopefully it will be here shortly.

Now the challenge will be the up coming week.  Long weekend with 2 BBQ's.  So, lots of food and copious amounts of alcohol.  Which means, I need to try and step up my calorie burn.  Either way.  I am going to enjoy my 2 BBQ's and if I gain.  I gain.  And will get right back on track.  


Till Next week.  Be kind.


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment